As part of the Coleraine Sure Start Partnership ongoing succession planning and commitment to good governance, we wish to recruit some new Board Members. Coleraine Sure Start has been supporting families in the local area since 2001 and provides a range of services in a holistic way. There are 38 Sure Starts in Northern Ireland, and they aim to improve:
- The ability to learn by encouraging stimulating play, improving language skills and the early identification and support of children with learning difficulties
- Health by supporting parents in caring for children and promoting children’s health and development
- Social development by supporting the development of early relationships between parents and children, good parenting skills, family functioning and early identification and support of children with emotional, learning, or behavioural difficulties.
We provide a wide range of services to families in our local area, and this would be impossible without the support of the partner organisations that make up Coleraine Sure Start Partnership. Through the skills, dedication and commitment of all staff, we are able to provide support and guidance on a wide range of areas relevant to families with young children.
- Mid-Ulster & Causeway Women’s Aid
- Focus on Family
- Harpur’s Hill Children and Family Centre
- West Bann Development Centre
Our current Board of Directors is made up of representatives from the above organisations as well as from Libraries NI, CRUN, Further Education and Nursery Education. Members of the Board support the project with meeting its Business Plan targets; managing finances and contribute to the partnership ethos of the organisation.
We particularly welcome expressions of interest from individuals who are currently or have previously been users of our services and those with demonstrable experience in the following:
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Records Management
- Ethnic Minority Project Experience
- Previous experience of being a Committee/Board member
These are voluntary, unpaid positions but expenses relating to travel etc will be reimbursed. Meetings are held every six weeks and a commitment to attend is expected – further detail can be provided from our Constitution.
If you are interested, please request an expression of interest form from the Programme Manager by calling 028 7032 1032 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org